There can now be no question that Google is the most evil monolithic corporation on the face of the earth. Even though slavery was outlawed over 150 years ago, Google is participating in the creation of a business environment which facilitates more slavery in America today than the country had at the outbreak of the Civil War.
On one hand, Google is preventing the conservative side of the media from telling their story with extreme censorship in the 80% of the Internet that Google now controls. Further, Google is censoring conservative content on Youtube. Obviously, Google does not recognize the First Amendment as this unregulated monopoly is engaging in illegal anti-trust activity activities in a nation where the rule of law no longer applies. In google’s world, they satanic corporate giant can keep you from publishing on the Internet, or on Youtube, that the Clinton Foundation actively engages in child-sex-trafficking. However, this same Google will defend Backpage’s right to sell children for sex on the Internet. Isn’t it comforting to know that this is the world that we are giving our children?
There is a new development in the fight against child-sex-trafficking and Google is opposing the reform effort which has the two following goals:
1. State and local law enforcement agencies have the authority to arrest and prosecute websites that advertise human trafficking victims and
2. The protections that websites currently enjoy from being held liable for third party content when they profit from that content is eliminated.
Why would Google oppose legislation which would outlaw the sale and facilitation of children online?
Shout it from the roof tops, America, Google is engaged in the promotion and the facilitation of one of the most grotesque crimes on earth, namely, child sex trafficking. Consider the following:
“A coalition of anti-child sex trafficking and public interest groups, and the mother of a trafficking victim, today released a report detailing how a Google-funded campaign protects a law that shields a notorious hub of child sex-trafficking, Backpage.com, from any accountability for its activities. Google and the organizations it funds purport to be protecting free speech on the Internet.”
The law that Google is trying to protect is an outdated law which protects any kind of heinous expression on the Internet which is illegal. “In the event that a company profits from the sale of victims of trafficking (including minors under the age of 18), they can use Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act as a defense.” Section 230 provides websites with blanket immunity from “third party content”. This was designed to protect websites from being prosecuted when someone visiting their site posts inappropriate or even illegal content without the site’s knowledge or approval. It was NOT designed to grant immunity when a website actively PROFITS from third party content. And this is precisely what Google does, it is profiting from Child Sex Trafficking.
Legal scholars and groups supported by Google have written letters and amicus briefs in support of Backpage. Google has also deployed at least four of its lobbying firms to fight efforts to close the legal loophole that allows Backpage to profit from child trafficking, the report found, including the fact that Google opposes an US Senate attempt to outlaw these criminal enterprise activities.
“For years, documentary filmmaker and former attorney, Mary Mazzio, stated that “one company, Backpage.com, has dominated online trafficking in minors for sex. The advertising giant’s reach is vast, with sites catering to 437 locations in the U.S. and 506 overseas. So is its impact: By one count, 73% of all suspected child trafficking reports in the U.S. involve Backpage,” the report said.
“This report is one more indication that tech companies have gone out of their way to defend what the U.S. Senate found to be essentially a boiler room operation to facilitate the crime of child sex trafficking,” said Mary Mazzio, director and producer of I Am Jane Doe. “It is time for the tech community to be part of the solution, and finally stand with the victims of this devastating crime.”
The previously mentioned groups were motivated to release an investigation of Backpage’s supporters after watching I Am Jane Doe. The film is now available on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon, and will be available on Netflix as it was released on May 26th. The trailer can be viewed at http://www.iamjanedoefilm.com/
The report’s analysis of Google’s public records, tax documents and legal filings and other publicly-available documents shows Google has financed and supported a wide spectrum of groups and individuals who have tirelessly fought to block legal challenges to Backpage’s business model. Efforts have included:
• Legal scholars and groups supported by Google have written letters and amicus briefs in support of Backpage. More than half of the 42 signatories of a letter opposing a bill to tackle online child trafficking—22 in all—were either directly funded by Google, or worked at institutions that were funded by the company.
• At least four of Google’s lobbying firms have also worked to block efforts by the U.S. Congress to strengthen laws to prevent child sex-trafficking under the Stop Advertising Victims of Exploitation (SAVE Act) of 2014 that would have targeted Backpage and held it accountable.
• Google hired one of the leading campaigners for shutting down Backpage’s child-trafficking ads, who, after being hired, then changed her stance on the issue to align with her new employer. She now argues that it isn’t possible to shut down sites like Backpage and that laws should target buyers rather than websites that advertise children for sex.
Google’s financial support of EFF, CDT and dozens of other groups, has contributed to a string of legal successes by Backpage and complicated the quest for justice among its underage victims. Since 2011, the nonprofits have helped Backpage defeat several cases related to child sex trafficking by filing Section 230 briefs on Backpage’s behalf. Among the initiatives the groups have helped defeat:
• A legal case brought by three underage sex-trafficking victims who were advertised on Backpage and sold for sex in Massachusetts and Rhode Island more than 1,900 times over three years.
• Proposed state laws aimed at curbing Backpage’s child sex advertisements in Washington, New Jersey, and Tennessee.
• Efforts by law enforcement in Cook County, Illinois, to prevent the use of credit card payments to purchase ads offering children for sex.
• Efforts by 49 state attorneys general to amend Section 230 to give state and local law enforcement officials the authority to criminally investigate and prosecute companies like Backpage for promoting child sex trafficking.
• The “reckless” standard in early versions of Congressional legislation such as the SAVE Act, which strengthened child sex trafficking laws by making it illegal for online advertisers to recklessly disregard child sex trafficking occurring on their websites.
The Mazzio production highlighted the following egregious events related to this topic related to Backpage’s complicity in child sex trafficking:
“• A case in Atlanta, GA of a 12-year-old girl whose pimp regularly tasered her and even forced her to work while pregnant with his child.
• A New York City case of a 13-year-old girl who was regularly beaten and even kicked down a stairwell for trying to escape her pimp.
• A Miami case of a 13-year-old girl whose pimp had tattooed his name on the girl’s eyelids.
• A Seattle case in which a 15-year-old girl was sold for sex more than 150 times.
• A Chicago case in which a 16-year-old, suffering from depression, left home. Three weeks later, she was advertised for sex on Backpage and murdered at the hands of her Backpage buyer.”
The most shocking discovery from this article, is that it is legal to sell children in America and Google is amongst the players.
Mary Mazzio recently appeared on Tucker Carlson’s show on Fox News and stated the following: ” One could Google ‘Children for sex; and immediately have a child delivered to their within mere minutes have a child delivered to their home.” Google has spent millions defending the free speech rights of Backpage, however, they want to crush the alt right media’s right to express political dissent.” This is criminal hypocrisy at its worst and at the center of it all is Google, the new poster child for evil.
Mazzio revealed on Fox News that two organizations are defending backpage and actively lobbying the Senate to not reform the law protecting Backpage from participating in online child-sex-trafficking.
- The Center for Democracy and Technology
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
These organizations are providing cover for Backpage against any potential action by the US Senate. As revealed on Tucker Carlson’s show on 9/19/17, Google is funding these two organizations and Google is also lending its legal expertise and advice as their lawyers are routinely meeting with the lawyers from these two groups in order to strategize on how they can keep Google’s partner, Backpage, in buisiness as the world’s largest facilitator of child-sex-trafficking.
The Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act of 2017 has been introduced by Representative Ann Wagner along with Representatives Joyce Beatty (D-OH), Ed Royce (R-CA), Yvette Clarke (D-NY), Chris Smith (R-NJ), Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), Ted Poe (R-TX), Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), Martha Roby (R-AL), and Lynn Jenkins (R-KS).
According to the language of the bill, it intends “to amend the Communications Act of 1934 to clarify that section 230 of such Act does not prohibit the enforcement against providers and users of interactive computer services of Federal and State criminal and civil law relating to sexual exploitation of children or sex trafficking.”
This nonpartisan bill has the support of the National District Attorneys Association, National Center on Sexual Exploitation, Deliver Fund, the Missouri Attorney General Office, and several smaller groups such as MO Kids First, Covering House, Coalition Against Trafficking and Exploitation, Exodus Cry, Concerned Women for America, Innocents at Risk, C-FAM, Eastern North Carolina Stop Human Trafficking Now, and dozens of other organizations. Meanwhile, Google is pulling out the stops in trying to kill this legislation so its partner, Backpage, can continue to sell children for sex.
Hey Google: Don’t Be Evil
Source Article from http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DaveHodges-TheCommonSenseShow/~3/0E14L8AQlN8/