Theresa May ‘regrets’ not meeting Grenfell survivors in aftermath of ‘unparalleled’ tragedy

Almost 12 months since the fire at the 24-storey block in north Kensington killed 72 people, including a stillborn baby, the Tory leader has admitted her personal response to the fire was below standards.

“It was a tragedy unparalleled in recent history and, although many people did incredible work during and after the fire, it has long been clear that the initial response was not good enough,” May wrote in the London Evening Standard.

“I include myself in that,” she said.

May came under widespread criticism last year when she limited her immediate interactions to emergency workers, without meeting the victims.

“What I did not do on that first visit was meet the residents and survivors who had escaped the blaze.

“But the residents of Grenfell Tower needed to know that those in power recognized and understood their despair. And I will always regret that by not meeting them that day, it seemed as though I didn’t care.

“That was never the case.”

The PM again faced criticism when she was caught entering through the backdoor of St Paul’s Cathedral in London,ahead of a memorial service that marked six months since the blaze.

Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn and the Queen both visited the victims in the days following the fire.

READ MORE: Grenfell survivor blasts Tories for rejecting fire-resistant cladding to save money

One Grenfell survivor, Allison Moses, told RT the “stone-faced” PM had failed to apologize or to meet the residents in the aftermath of the fire. “If the Queen could have the humility to engage with the people, why couldn’t May?,” the mother of one asked.

The PM’s decision to slink into the memorial service through the back entrance “is an insult right again. Why is she so special that she cannot show any empathy for us?” Moses asked.

If you like this story, share it with a friend!

Source Article from https://www.rt.com/uk/429402-theresa-may-regrets-grenfell/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

‘Luckiest man alive’: British walker cheats death in aftermath of Storm Emma

The unidentified man was unaware of the fact that he had cheated death by the smallest of margins as he calmly telephoned Electricity North West to inform them of the situation. The operator then immediately cut power to the line and dispatched a team of engineers to remove the danger.

Electricity North West outlined that the man could easily have been killed instantly had it not been for a freak combination of circumstances. It’s thought that he may have been saved by his gloves or strong boots, or by the fact that the branch itself was almost completely dry when he touched it. The operator underlined that the fact that the man was alive was “simply incredible.” It is hoped that the incident may serve as a warning to the rest of the nation.

Electricity North West, a major power operator in England, is advising people to be especially careful around power lines in the wake of the strong winds on Friday night that brought down a number of trees and branches across the country.

Storm Emma brought heavy snowfall and subzero temperatures to many parts of the UK, but even as temperatures rise and the worst of the snow disappears there are still a number of rural areas without power.

If you like this story, share it with a friend!

Source Article from https://www.rt.com/uk/420424-man-escapes-death-storm-emma/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

14 More Lawsuits Filed In Aftermath Of Las Vegas Shooting

A Chicago law firm filed 14 civil complaints on Wednesday over the Oct. 1 shooting at a concert in Las Vegas that left 58 people dead and more than 500 others wounded.

The lawsuit names as defendants Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, concert organizer Live Nation and Slide Fire Solutions, a Texas company that manufactures and sells the gun accessory that enabled the Vegas shooter to fire rapidly.

The plaintiffs are seeking unspecified compensation for “physical and mental injuries,” for which they say the defendants are at least partially to blame.

Stephen Paddock, 64, opened fire on 22,000 concertgoers from his room at the Mandalay Bay, which overlooked the venue of a massive three-day country music event. It was the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

The lawsuit says that Paddock was a frequent gambler who enjoyed VIP status at the resort, which allowed him privileges including the use of a service elevator that allowed him to stockpile an arsenal in his suite over the course of several days. The filing argues that the hotel failed to conduct routine searches on his bags.

The lawsuit also states that exits at the concert venue were poorly marked, which made it difficult for attendees to evacuate. 

The shots that began raining down on concertgoers shortly after 10 p.m. Oct. 1 came in rapid succession, made possible by a gun accessory that allowed the shooter to fire hundreds of rounds per minute. Paddock had acquired 12 bump stocks, which made his semiautomatic rifles perform more like fully automatic weapons.

In naming Slide Fire Solutions as a defendant, lead attorney Antonio Romanucci told The Associated Press that the lawsuit aimed to hold “the entire supply chain” responsible.

At least three other lawsuits have been filed in the aftermath of the shooting, AP reported.

Mandalay Bay, Live Nation and Slide Fire did not respond to requests for comment on Wednesday.

  • This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

Source Article from https://www.yahoo.com/news/14-more-lawsuits-filed-aftermath-032829738.html

Shock Footage: The Aftermath of Las Vegas Shooting *WARNING: Extremely Graphic Video*

The following footage was taken in the immediate aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting.

Viewer discretion is advised as the following scenes are extremely graphic.

I found this and reposted it! Many people questioned if there was any actual deaths – this video proves what the aftermath was like.

 via:

www.liveleak

Source Article from https://worldtruth.tv/shock-footage-the-aftermath-of-las-vegas-shooting-warning-extremely-graphic-video/

2,100 bodies of civilians discovered in aftermath of Mosul

[9/10/17/MEMO]  Since July, over 2,000 bodies have been excavated in the western part of Mosul, after the city was cleared from Daesh in June, an Iraqi official said on Friday.

Speaking to an Anadolu Agency correspondent, the civil defense official of Iraq’s Ministry of Interior, Saad Hamid, said that more than 2,100 civilian bodies were found under the ruins.

Hamid said that during their work the team faced “lack of equipment and various security problems such as Deash members firing from hide outs, bunkers, tunnels or basements”.

There are still nearly 400 to 500 bodies which need to be removed from the ruins which could take up to two months to finish the work, Hamid added.

In June, the Iraqi army retook the northern city of Mosul, regional capital of Nineveh province, from the terrorist group after a nine-month campaign.

In August, Daesh was driven from Nineveh’s Tal Afar district following a week long army operation.

Source Article from http://govtslaves.info/2100-bodies-civilians-discovered-aftermath-mosul/