Koreans caught spying in Aust: report


Plea for Aussie in Saudi jail

Plea for Aussie in Saudi jail

NITV News EXCLUSIVE: A Perth family is calling on the Gillard government for help in bringing home two brothers from Saudi Arabia. One is in prison facing charges of terrorism. The other is in hiding.
Read more

Source Article from http://sbs.feedsportal.com/c/34692/f/637524/s/2b64ce5e/l/0L0Ssbs0N0Bau0Cnews0Carticle0C17618340CKoreans0Ecaught0Espying0Ein0EAust0Ereport/story01.htm

500 feared dead in Bangladesh collapse


Updated: 21:58, Wednesday May 1, 2013

500 feared dead in Bangladesh collapse

Bangladesh rescuers say that more than 500 people had likely died in a garment factory block that collapsed last week as the Pope condemned the use of ‘slave labour’ in the local clothing industry.

As bulldozers and cranes worked to remove the rubble of the eight-storey building on the outskirts of Dhaka, senior army officers said the number of confirmed dead now stood at 405 but 149 people were still missing.

The country’s worst industrial accident, which has focused attention on the use of factories in Bangladesh by Western clothing companies, drew tens of thousands of protesters onto the streets of the capital.

Workers holding red banners and flags chanted ‘Hang the killers, Hang the Factory Owners!’ during a May Day rally that was largely peaceful unlike larger and more angry protests held since last Wednesday’s disaster.

At the Vatican in a private mass for followers, Pope Francis weighed into the controversy, speaking out against labour conditions in Bangladesh, which are regularly decried by campaigners.

‘A headline that really struck me on the day of the tragedy in Bangladesh was ‘Living on 38 euros a month’. That is what the people who died were being paid. This is called slave labour,’ the Pope was quoted by Vatican Radio as saying.

In fact, wages are even lower, with the legal minimum salary routinely paid to employees only $US38 ($A37) a month for a six-day week with 10-hour shifts.

The Bangladesh government faces growing foreign pressure to take credible moves to improve conditions in the garment industry, with the collapse at the Rana Plaza factory complex only the latest in a series of deadly disasters.

A fire at a textile factory last November left 111 people dead, and there have been widespread accusations that safety standards are both too lax and rarely enforced in the $US20-billion ($A19-billion) sector.

The European Union said late on Tuesday that it would look at steps to promote better practices after a host of European retailers including Primark, Benetton and Mango admitted using factories in the collapsed building.

Nearly 60 per cent of Bangladesh’s garments are shipped to European Union free of duties and tariffs, giving the 27-nation bloc huge say over the country’s workplace safety issues.

Anger in Bangladesh remains palpable and the demonstrations on Wednesday again saw demands for the building owner and four arrested factory bosses to face capital punishment. They have been charged with death due to negligence.

Many of the country’s 4500 garment factories have been closed since last Wednesday, a major blow for the Bangladeshi economy which depends on garments for 80 per cent of its exports.

‘We want the severest punishment possible for those responsible for this tragedy,’ said Kamrul Anam, head of the Bangladesh Textile and Garments Workers League.

‘Enough is enough,’ said Liakot Khan, another of those taking part in the Dhaka protest, which echoed to the sound of drums and horns.

‘The government should hang the building proprietor and the factory owners. We want justice for these murders.’

Police put the number of protesters at the main rally in Dhaka at more than 20,000, and there were smaller-scale protests elsewhere in the capital and in other cities.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE:

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Delicious
  • Buzz
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Source Article from http://rss.skynews.com.au/c/34485/f/628636/s/2b62432f/l/0L0Sskynews0N0Bau0Ctopstories0Carticle0Baspx0Did0F8686310GvId0F/story01.htm

Weak Cyclone Zane to cross coast


Updated: 21:53, Wednesday May 1, 2013

Tropical Category One Cyclone Zane is on path to cross the north Queensland coast tomorrow morning.

The weather bureau says a cyclone warning is current for coastal areas from Mapoon to Cape York to Cape Flattery, but a cyclone warning from Cape Flattery to Cooktown has been cancelled.

At 7pm (AEST), the cyclone was estimated to be 300 kilometres east southeast of Lockhart River and 185 kilometres north northeast of Cape Flattery, and moving west at 20 kilometres an hour towards the coast.

The system is expected to cross the coast as a weak Category 1 cyclone between Orford Ness and Cape Sidmouth tomorrow morning, bringing gusts of up to 120 kilometres.

Heavy rain is forecast and and a storm tide is expected between Orford Ness and Cape Melville, bringing large waves and possible minor flooding along the foreshore.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE:

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Delicious
  • Buzz
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Source Article from http://rss.skynews.com.au/c/34485/f/628636/s/2b606a5f/l/0L0Sskynews0N0Bau0Ctopstories0Carticle0Baspx0Did0F8685360GvId0F3941523/story01.htm

WA man faces Saudi terror trial


Updated: 21:52, Wednesday May 1, 2013

A West Australian man is on trial in Saudi Arabia on terrorism-related offences.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade says the 25-year-old man – named by the ABC as Shayden Thorne from Perth – was arrested in November 2011.

A spokesman said he was on trial for alleged terrorism-related offences and was detained in a prison outside the Saudi capital Riyadh.

‘Consular officials from the Australian Embassy in Riyadh have been providing consular assistance to the man since his arrest in November 2011,’ he said.

‘Consular staff in Canberra are in regular contact with the man’s family in Australia.’

The spokesman said the Australian embassy in Riyadh was also assisting a 23-year-old man from Western Australia whose Australian passport was being held by Saudi authorities.

He said this man was not being detained and efforts were under way to clarify his legal situation.

Consular staff in Canberra are in regular contact with the man’s family in Australia.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE:

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Delicious
  • Buzz
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Source Article from http://rss.skynews.com.au/c/34485/f/628636/s/2b62432e/l/0L0Sskynews0N0Bau0Ctopstories0Carticle0Baspx0Did0F8686250GvId0F3941935/story01.htm

Afghan blast kills three UK soldiers


Updated: 20:57, Wednesday May 1, 2013

Afghan blast kills three UK soldiers

Prime Minister David Cameron says Britain is paying a ‘very high price’ in Afghanistan after three soldiers were killed in a roadside bomb.

Six British soldiers have now been killed this year in Afghanistan, where British casualties have slowed over the past year.

Britain has not lost so many soldiers in one incident since six were killed by a similar blast in March last year.

They received immediate medical attention at the scene of the blast in Helmand province on Tuesday and were evacuated by air to Britain’s main Camp Bastion base but could not be saved, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said.

The deaths take the total number of British troops killed by enemy action in Afghanistan over the 400 mark, to 401.

‘We have paid a very high price for the work we’re doing in Afghanistan,’ Cameron told ITV television.

‘It is important work because it’s vital that country doesn’t again become a haven for terrorists – terrorists that can threaten us here in the UK.

‘But today our thoughts should be with the families and friends of those that have suffered.’

The three soldiers from the Royal Highland Fusiliers infantry battalion died when their vehicle was hit on a routine patrol in the district of Nahr-e Saraj.

‘Their deaths come as a great loss to all those serving in Task Force Helmand,’ spokesman Major Richard Morgan said in a statement.

Their families have been told. Their names will be released in due course.

It is the first time since September 2012 that British troops have been killed by a roadside bomb, which have accounted for many of the British deaths in Afghanistan.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility but Taliban militants frequently use roadside bombs against foreign troops and their Afghan allies.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE:

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Delicious
  • Buzz
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Source Article from http://rss.skynews.com.au/c/34485/f/628636/s/2b61acc6/l/0L0Sskynews0N0Bau0Ctopstories0Carticle0Baspx0Did0F86860A50GvId0F/story01.htm

AFL club Essendon deny doping admission


Updated: 20:38, Wednesday May 1, 2013

Essendon deny they have made any concessions that their players took banned substances under the AFL club’s controversial supplements program.

As the game awaits the release of the first report on the club’s ongoing scandal, club chairman David Evans hit back at the latest claim to rock the Bombers.

The Herald Sun on Wednesday said Essendon had conceded players took banned substances last year through the supplements program.

That regime is now the subject of a Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) and AFL investigation.

‘Contrary to media reports, Essendon have never conceded that our players have been given banned substances in 2012,’ Evans said in a club statement.

‘We asked for the ASADA and AFL investigation and out of respect to the players, those investigations must be completed without prejudice.

‘I want to repeat, our club has not conceded that our players have been given banned substances in 2012.’

Also on Thursday, Stephen Dank was reported as saying he has an email from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) that stated substances in question were approved for use.

Channel Seven said the sports scientist, who is no longer at the club, would produce the email from January last year in court.

WADA emphatically deny giving Dank that approval.

Essendon are on the verge of releasing the independent report by Ziggy Switkowski into the club’s governance.

That was commissioned in the wake of the ASADA and AFL investigations, with Evans at the time citing ‘irregular practices’.

But the Bombers are now unlikely to release the report until next week because of a legal matter.

It is unclear what details will emerge from the Switkowski report or whether it will recommend the dismissal of Essendon officials.

Earlier on Wednesday, AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said the ASADA and AFL investigations could take another three months to complete.

Demetriou also refused to be drawn on the Herald Sun report that some Essendon players were prescribed weekly injections of the banned anti-obesity drug AOD-9604 for all of last season.

‘My reaction is the same as it has been all along: we will continue to get a running commentary obviously in the media … but there is currently a joint investigation by ASADA and the AFL and we really need to let that investigation proceed,’ Demetriou told reporters in Adelaide on Wednesday.

Demetriou questioned how a newspaper report said Essendon players had admitted the weekly injections when they had yet to be interviewed by ASADA.

It is understood ASADA officials will start interviewing Essendon players next week.

‘It’s only a report in the newspaper that there is an admission,’ he said.

‘And I’m not going to comment on the investigation.

‘We need to await the outcome of the ASADA report. I know that is frustrating to people.

‘People should be very careful about some of the commentary, particularly in light of the fact that we haven’t even had one player interviewed as yet.’

Demetriou added that the AFL received a copy of the Switkowski report on Monday.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE:

  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • Delicious
  • Buzz
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon

Source Article from http://rss.skynews.com.au/c/34485/f/628636/s/2b61acbe/l/0L0Sskynews0N0Bau0Ctopstories0Carticle0Baspx0Did0F8685960GvId0F3941774/story01.htm

Benghazi Whistle Blowers: White House is Threatening Us

0
0

white house threatening

On September 11, 2012, the American Embassy in Benghazi, Libya came under attack by terrorists. During this attack, four Americans, including the Ambassador were killed. At first, the attack was reported as an uprising caused by an anti-Muslim video posted on YouTube in July of 2012, even though we now know this was a lie.

Within a week, the truth began leaking out to the public that not only was the Obama Administration aware of the potential for attack on the embassy prior to September 11, 2012, they also were actively trying to cover up the event.

Within hours of the attack, the Administration began releasing misinformation about the event, carefully wording every statement not to include the word terrorist or Muslim extremist. Official reports were issued condemning the event, and and prior knowledge about a potential threat was denied. Eventually, they literally tried to censor American citizens, claiming they were responsible for “inciting” the attacks.

READ MORE

Comments

comments

Source Article from http://www.secretsofthefed.com/benghazi-whistle-blowers-white-house-is-threatening-us/

[Video] POWERFUL, MUST WATCH Public Service Announcement – Why Do You Need Full Capacity Magazines?

0
0

psa announcement on magazines gun

Wow.

This video really drives home the need for full capacity magazines (as if there was any doubt).

Bad guys don’t operate alone. They often travel in packs. We’ve reported multiple self defense stories on this site where more than FOUR assailants were involved. Do you really want to take your chances with 10 (or 7 in NY) rounds in your magazine?

Share this. Share it everywhere.

Comments

comments

Source Article from http://www.secretsofthefed.com/video-powerful-must-watch-public-service-announcement-why-do-you-need-full-capacity-magazines/

Government Orders YouTube To Censor Protest Videos

0
0

internet-censorship

In a frightening example of how the state is tightening its grip around the free Internet, it has emerged that You Tube is complying with thousands of requests from governments to censor and remove videos that show protests and other examples of citizens simply asserting their rights, while also deleting search terms by government mandate.

The latest example is You Tube’s compliance with a request from the British government to censor footage of the British Constitution Group Lawful Rebellion protest,  during which they attempted to civilly arrest Judge Michael Peake at Birkenhead county court.

Peake was ruling on a case involving Roger Hayes, former member of UKIP, who has refused to pay council tax, both as a protest against the government’s treasonous activities in sacrificing Britain to globalist interests and as a result of Hayes clearly proving that council tax is illegal.

Hayes has embarked on an effort to legally prove that the enforced collection of council tax by government is unlawful  because no contract has been agreed between the individual and the state. His argument is based on the sound legal principle that just like the council, Hayes can represent himself as a third party in court and that “Roger Hayes” is a corporation and must be treated as one in the eyes of the law.

READ MORE

Comments

comments

Source Article from http://www.secretsofthefed.com/government-orders-youtube-to-censor-protest-videos/

The Government Is Planting Child Porn On Your Computer

0
0

gover porn on comp

A new virus has been catalogued, and it appears to be planting and distributing child pornography files. Hackers? No. The government is planting child porn on your computer, or so an alert published today indicates.

Political Dissenters, Beware

Before It’s News has interviewed a person, who spoke on condition of anonymity, that has been a victim of the virus implantation. The person was engaged in journalistic exposure of political corruption, and suddenly police appeared on his doorstep with a search warrant specifying a search for evidence of possessing and distributing child pornography. The story is a bit convoluted here, but basically the gentleman did a little more investigation and found rogue .exe files on his computer that appeared as normal emule sharing directories but contained “hundreds to thousands” of child pornography files. The potential whistleblower claims the virus was deliberately planted on his computer in order to stop his activity.

The article surmises the Internet Crimes Against Children task force may be behind the virus planting, though why is unclear.

Are You A Victim?

According to a USWGO Virus Report:

“I believe it was surrounded by comine.exe along with another exe file that had random characters so I don’t remember that file name since it had a certain kind of random characters and I believe it may have been in the TEMP folder.

It came with three rogue P2P file sharing applications that were not stored in the usual file directories for programs or even portable programs. Those files are called ares.exe, emule.exe, and shareaza.exe. They share possibly illegal files and files with Trojans embedded without the computer owners permission despite invalid claims by law enforcement that no one can force a user to download and share files on P2P networks. When the user discovers them and attempts to shut down the program using process termination on Task Manager(taskmgr.exe) the rogue Trojan control program attempts to revive the operation of the rogue P2P programs and will fully operate within 3-5 seconds or even up to 10 seconds depending on processing speed from CPU. No matter how many times the user continues stopping the program it comes right back. When the user attempts to end the task then quickly remove the files even with certain software, the Trojan that controls the rogue programs seems to regenerate the rogue programs which continues to share and download illegal material which can get the user in trouble…”

Much to Andrew Rose’s surprise, ICE officials are prosecuting him for downloading music that ICE attached hidden child porn files to. Andrew (NOT PICTURED) is 17 and autistic.
Photo: US ICE, public domain

ESET Virus Radar has recognized the virus, and calls it Win32/MoliVampire. The short description indicates, “Win32/MoliVampire.A is a trojan which tries to download other malware from the Internet. Win32/MoliVampire.A may be spread via peer-to-peer networks.”

The trojan contains an URL address. It tries to download a file from the address. Files are copied into a shared folder of various instant messengers and P2P applications, according to the description.

READ MORE

Comments

comments

Source Article from http://www.secretsofthefed.com/the-government-is-planting-child-porn-on-your-computer/